Élder Cody Crabb

Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints June 2011-June 2013

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

02-25-13 Families can be Together Forever‏

Hello family! Les manda saludos mi compañero.  (something like..."my companions sends his greetings?")

This week was hard. Real hard. Let me explain.

First of all this week, we found some really cool new people. We were looking for a less active named Jovanna. We found her, and we started talking to her when her uncle Octavio and his girlfriend Carla came and sat down. We ended up teaching them about the Restoration and they understood everything. It was a welcome change (lately most people have just not been getting what we've been teaching). They were very interested, especially in the concept of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. Jovanna is really excited to come back to church (so excited, in fact, that she went this Sunday). We have a lesson with them tonight, let's hope they read!


Other than that, we haven't had much else happen. It's been kind of slow (and thus, hard) to find people and to make appointments. Mostly the hardest thing we're doing right now is trying to FIND the really interested people who we've put appointments with. It's so hard to track some of these people down!


Funny note. We were walking down the street and this guy just yells "Hey, brothers.....God isn't money!!". We were really confused but we just started talking to him. My companion asked "So you're saying if we use money, we can't be following God?" , to which the guy responded "Yeah, that's EXACTLY what I'm saying! God is NOT money!" Not missing a beat, Elder Huntington said "Then where'd you get that watch?" He looked at us with deer-in-the-headlights eyes and said "Ope, I'm late! Gotta go!" and he literally ran away. It was so weird....MAN I love Mexico. ¡Arre!


On a more serious note, the best moment we had this week was when we taught a really cool lesson to this girl named Nataly. She's in kind of a tough situation where she wants to get baptized but she's living with her boyfriend, who is married but separated and waiting for the divorce. Basically, they live together and they can't get married yet. We went over there this week and we decided to show a video (for those of you who've just gotten back from your missions, it's the video from the District 2 where the Robles family goes to the temple). It was so cool and the spirit was really strong. During the video, I was thinking about how MY family is sealed and together forever, and I started to cry. I guess everyone realized it, because right after the video, Nataly asked me what was wrong. I proceeded to tell about how my dad had passed away, and how that I knew I was going to be with him someday because I have been sealed to him, and the rest of my family, for eternity. I just bore my testimony, but the spirit was SO strong. I don't remember ever feeling the spirit so strongly in a lesson. We all just sat there for a minute in silence, all just completely filled up with the spirit. We invited her, and the inactive member that was there, to prepare to go to the temple. They accepted. It was such an awesome experience. I felt that the Holy Ghost was bearing witness to all of us that those promises are true.

It goes without saying that I missed my family a lot this week. =) I love you guys. Without all of you I don't think I'd be on a mission right now. All of your love and support makes the hard times okay (speaking of which, zone leader council is this week, so maybe I'll get your packages!)


Thanks to everyone for being so supportive. Whether it's writing me a letter, sending me things, or just praying for me and reading my blog, you're the best!
Read the scriptures! (Why? 2 Nephi 32:3)

Love, Elder Crabbbbbb
 
I didn't get photo captions so, make up your own!
 



 
 

No comments: