Well, this week was really interesting. We DID go to zone leader council this week, which was so awesome. Remember in one of my first letters when I said that President Cantu is kind of like Mexican Abraham Lincoln because of his awesome talks and stuff? I still stand by that. I'm blown away by that man. They talked about how to be a good leader (which I really needed) and how to get more out of our study time. One of the cool things they talked about is how study isn't just reading time. It's our hour of revelation. I thought that was so cool. It's really true. The whole purpose of our study is to recieve revelation about what the investigators need. It was an awesome meeting. We went bowling again and I scored 116! Woo! (not the best bowler...)
Remember Octavio? The uncle of the Yeovanna, the less active? He came to church! He was really excited....good things are happening this week. New investigators coming out of the woodwork, relatively cool temperature....can't compain. We have some pretty potential people.....I just wish I had time to write about everything! I'll just have to pick the best parts. =)
It was the end of the day (about 8:40) and Elder Huntington and I were both really tired and ready to go home. Our plans had fallen (plan A, B, C, and D) and we really weren't sure what to do. We were just about to go back to the house when I remembered that President Cantu said that the moment in
which it's hardest to choose the right is when the greatest blessing is right around the corner. We decided to stay out and see what we could do.
Well, we just started walking, turned the corner, and there was a young guy sitting outside of a house texting. I thought "I should contact this guy," but I brushed it off, telling myself he wouldn't listen or that he was too busy. I kept feeling that way until I just couldn't keep it in anymore, and I blurted out "Do you know what street this is?" I'm not sure why it came out like that exactly, but he told us what it was called, then said (in English), "You guys speak English, don't you?"
What?
He proceeded to tell us that he's lived in Los Angeles for like 20 years (he's 23) and that he's basically an American. We started to tell him about the church and we set an appointment. We were really excited, but when the day came, he wasn't there. We were pretty disappointed. However, on Saturday night, we thought we'd pass by and invite him to church. He was there, and he accepted, along with his sister. They seemed pretty jazzed. Lo and behold, they came. It was so cool, and they LOVED it!
Imagine if we hadn't gone the extra mile there. We could have easily said "It's late, nobody's home, nobody wants to hear us right now," etc., but since we did it, we were blessed. Our blessing was LITERALLY around the corner! They are both really excited to learn. I'm so glad we talked to
him! If we hadn't, maybe we'd never have found him!
Diligence. That's what it's all about--here, OR in the "real world".
Love you all! Read the scriptures!
Elder Crabb
*(.....but really, did you read them?)*
Here's some random pictures--enjoy!
Our house--we had to put everything in one room so they could fix the pipes!
Elder Huntington's eggs. He drew faces on them of people in our ward (Villa Universidad)
The zone leaders bowling.
Mexican graffiti.....What? Justin Bieber....what a silly goof.
I wish the gospel would spread as fast as Justin Bieber

No comments:
Post a Comment