Élder Cody Crabb

Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints June 2011-June 2013

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

03-18-14 Everything I Need

Well, it looks like things are going well! This week, we did an activity which I lovingly gave the name of "Scrambled Eggs". We divided the whole zone. Everybody did splits (exchanges? I don't know how to say that in English....."divisiones") It was really good. I stayed in our area and worked with Elder Villalobos. He was really good. He's a really good teacher and he knows a lot about the scriptures. Basically we just had a crazy day. That same day, we found a family with TWELVE members between the ages of 9 and 21. We are so excited to go back there.....

Apart from that we have several potential people coming up. Octavio went to church this week, but he hasn't been reading the scriptures. He accepted a baptismal date but we can't tell how sure he is about it. We'll see. Remember Karen? She's progressing a lot. She's been reading the Book of Mormon and she likes church--this Sunday was three times that she's gone. Her brother's less excited, but they are both really cool and they understand really well.

We also had a zone conference this week that basically changed the rest of my mission. Remember how in the last email I was saying how I've been a little panicky because of the whole "there's not much time" factor? Basically that was the theme of the whole Zone conference. It was so cool! The theme was "getting the most out of the time you have left". It was really cool. I got a lot of inspiration about things I'm going to do different.

I've been keeping a pretty good study journal (regular journal....not so much) and I'm really liking it. It lets me remember a lot of things that I've studied and get "re-revelation".

There's not too much else this week. I just want to share my testimony. Again.

I don't know how many people end up reading this blog. Anybody who has been reading it somewhat consistently will be able to see that I have sure come a long way. I've gained a love for the scriptures that I didn't think was possible (in my case anyway). My testimony has grown in so many specific ways, in prayer, personal revelation, in fasting, in the Spirit, but most of all, that God just loves us. Me being here has taught me more than anything that we really do matter to him. Compared to God, man is nothing, but we mean everything to Him. I know that every single person on this planet is important to Him. It's really hard to believe that sometimes when we think about how small we are in this big ol' world, but He really does love us. I hope you all have a great week this wonderful March! Talk to you soon!

Love

Elder Crabb

PS Read the SCRIPTURES......please.

1 comment:

Daniela said...

Nice to see that how much a mission can change your life, and lives of others. I am excited for when I can go on mine. Keep it up Cody!

Daniela