Élder Cody Crabb

Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints June 2011-June 2013

Saturday, February 2, 2013

01-28-13 Here we go again.....Big news, big changes.

Hello again family and friends!

First of all, the big news. I have been assigned as a zone leader in the same zone that I was just in. I was honestly really surprised, because the zone leaders are usually SUCH good missionaries! I'll do my best here, but holy cow.

The big change is that I'm in another area! NOOO....it was so hard to say goodbye to Nueva Galicia. I made so many good friends there and met such amazing people. Probably some lifelong friends will be in that group. They totally just stole me out of nowhere! They told us our transfers at 7pm last night, so we were running around trying to put my stuff in the suitcase and everything. It's going to be really sad because we have been teaching some really awesome investigators and POOF, I'm gone. Luckily I'll still be able to see their progress, being their zone leader and everything. But sad. They'll be like "Hey, why didn't he say goodbye?"

Other than that, this week was fantastic. We had a baptism! Remember Sofia, the wife of the first counselor? She got baptized! I'm still not exactly sure what it was that made her want to gt baptized so fast all of a sudden, but here she is. Awesome. She was so ready and her baptismal service was really powerful. We watched a Mormon Message (this one) and we all cried.

The next day, we rounded out the week with ANOTHER baptism, this time for the sister missionaries. I didn't really know her, but she was really nice and really ready. She's the daughter of a recent cnvert.

Sunday, we had stake conference. But it was cool and different! President Uchtdorf and Elder Ballard gave talks at a stake center in Mexico City with a Seventy and the second counselor in the Relief Society. I expected it all to be translated, seeing as they are all English-speaking, but to my surprise, the Seventy and the other woman spoke in Spanish! It was so cool! They had obviously worked so hard to prepare their talks in Spanish. The other two were translated. (But President Uchtdorf said a couple of things in Spanish before he started. If you think he has a cool accent in English, you should hear him in Spanish!) They were so good. Really, everything that our ward and stake needed to hear. Even though it was a broadcast for like 50 stakes in Mexico, it was really inspired just for us (just like General Conference I guess.

Your assignment this week is to follow the link and watch the video I posted (this one). It will really help some of you. You know who you are. =)

Other than that, I'm excited for my birthday! We'll be doing something fun, who knows what, but SOMEthing. I'll be sure and right all about it. I haven't gotten any packages yet but we also haven't gone to the offices yet, so we'll see. I love you all for even SENDING me packages, don't worry when they get here!

Love you all. Read the scriptures!

Elder Craff

Well, here's my suitcase that's SO FULL. I got transferred! But more on that in my email.

Here's a picture of our ward mission leader saying goodbye! I'm gonna miss him. He's a really great friend.

The sister missionaries had a baptism, and seeing as thaey don't have the priesthood, well, we helped them out.

OUR baptism! =) Sofia got baptized, finally! We were so glad that she did it. More on that in the email.

Culiacan, Sinaloa =)
 

No comments: