Élder Cody Crabb

Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints June 2011-June 2013

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

11/05/12 - My pictures are gone! And Nuevas Oportunidades in Nueva Galicia‏

First things first....HAPPY BIRTHDAY SYDNEY!! I hope you had a great one! And may I throw in a little happy birthday greeting for my awesome friend Korinne. Keep on being awesome (and writing Elder Crabb...)

Alright, well this week was totally nuts for lots of reasons.

Well, as I'm sure you have all been wondering, I am no longer in El Carrizo! I have gone BACK to Culiacan. I love this place! It's great to be in a city again after so much time in the middle of nowhere. My new area's called Nueva Galicia. It's sort of where I was before in Amistad, just a little closer to downtown (which is the BEST!). My new companion's name is Elder Damian. He's super nice and we seem to have a little more in common with me than Elder Lazaro. He tells me we've got some great potential investigators, and the members are really nice too. Cool! Remember my old companion Elder Peterson? He's going to take my place in El Carrizo! That'll be cool.

So last Monday, we were traveling back from the district meeting and, while we were waiting for the bus, I saw a young girl (maybe 20) sit down, looking sad. I thought "I'm going to contact her." It was a good plan, but as a missionary I get freaked out talking to girls my age! So I sat next to her and I waited til the perfect moment, then we started to talk to her. Her name's Nuria, she lives in El Carrizo's area. It turns out that while she was in the station, she thought "I wanna talk to those guys." We took down her address and phone number and put an appointment. COOL! Too bad I'll never get to see what happens to her while I'm there. We'll see.

On Wednesday, I did three baptismal interviews for Elder Pearson, who is going to leave for Riverton tomorrow. Weird! But that was fun. While we were there, he almost gagged on the food that the member gave us. Haha....sad. But hilarious.

On Thursday we had an activity in the cemetary planned, which was going to be really cool. All of the members were going to give a short message about the plan of salvation while standing up in the back of a truck! It was going to be awesome. But, the day came, and one by one, all the members started dropping off like flies. Everyone was leaving town or had to work or had SOMEthing, the point is that we were going to have to do it all by ourselves. As fun as that sounded, I thought it might be better to put it off a day. So, we did.

On Friday, when we really did it, we still only had a few members there, so we were trying to figure out the best way to talk to lots of people at a time. It ocurred to me that we could do something less-than-orthodox. I literally preached to multitudes with a Bible in my hand. Check one off the missionary bucket list. It was really cool, and I think some people really felt the spirit. The downside is that we didn't have a good chance to get addresses, so hopefully lots of people come to the church!

I got lots of learnin' of the area to do! It's going to be really fun and I'm excited to meet the investigators. So far I love everything about this place--even my companion! I have lots of new ideas and things I'm going to do to get better.

Oh! The WORST THING EVER happened this week! My camera's memory card got a virus, and every picture I have taken for the last six months is now gone. I was totally devastated....but luckily, we have Facebook, and most of the pictures I had, my companions will have also. Hopefully I can find a way to recover my pictures....but I'm seriously doubting it by now. Darn it! I have almost no pictures of my whole darn mission! Just what I've sent home...sigh. It's hard to send pictures home too because they are HUGE (in pixels, that is).

I'm just learning so so much. I'm so excited to get going here. I feel like there were some challenges that I in particular couldn't defeat in that last area. I'm excited to not let anything get in my way here.....I'm so pumped!

Loves!

Elder
 
These are all from our activity in the cemetery on the Day of the Dead. It was super fun preaching like that!



 

No comments: