Ey! The pictures are officially lost. I'm working with a member here to see if we can recover them, but it doesn't seem likely. =(
Also, cool news. I will NOT be coming home from my mission on June 1st. They are making some adjustments to the time. I will be coming home three weeks later. I believe that will make my returning date June 26th. Just so you can prepare for that.....in more than six months....
Now, down to the "needy greedy".
Last Monday, we met a guy in Soriana (Mexican Smith's) that told us he was God, and that he needed Bibles to pass out to the people. I told him that I was sorry, but we don't carry Bibles to give away. How strange. I also found out that day that one of the sisters in my district (yes, I have sisters in my district), Hermana Tejeda, is 38 years old! Whoa!
This week I've been getting used to the new study schedule. Now that I'm training, we study for two hours as companions instead of just one. Training is fun. Especially when your trainee only has a little bit of time in the church, because you have to be the one to say "Yes, Joseph Smith WAS a Mason..." It's funny sometimes.
One of our coolest investigators right now is named Cristal. She's a single mom who is also pregnant. That being so, she walks the huge hill every Sunday, just her and her son, to get to church! THAT'S a testimony. Her and her son are going to get baptized this weekend. She's so great.
I don't know if I told you this before, but they have now told us that we can't "tract", meaning basically that we can't knock on a door without knowing who lives there. I don't usually do that too much anyway, but when it means that you CAN'T do it even when all your plans fall is really frustrating.
Thursday, we had a really cool experience in the church. Thursday is when they have mutual in this ward. We had had a meeting with the bishop, and I wanted to meet some of the young men and young women, so we went outside to see who was there. Keep in mind that this was my first week in the area and I didn't know anybody! I had met about five members by Thursday. We walked outside and saw there were a bunch of young people playing soccer. I didn't know why but I had the distinct impression to talk to a girl that was sitting, watching them. I introduced myself, and she said her name was Melissa. I don't really know why I asked, not knowing anybody, but I asked if she was a member of the church, to which she replied "No." She said that she wanted to hear our message in her house, and best of all, she lives on the street in front of the church! It was really a testimony to me about the power of the Spirit. Who knows what people God has prepared to hear the gospel.
Friday was a Multi-Zone Conference. It was pretty wacky, because two members of the Presidency of the Seventy came to Los Mochis to visit, so President Cantù was going nuts trying to finish on time. As usual, it was an amazing converence and I learned a ton. I took like six pages of notes! That took about the whole day. When we got back, it was like 5, so we asked for more and more and more referrals....we're going to do that a whole lot more often.
In other news, I've been totally sick. It was just yesterday and today, but MAN I'm feeling like garbage. We went to the doctor, and she said "Wow, you look horrible!" (not exactly what you want to hear when you go to the doctor...) She said I have an ear infection, a throat infection, tonsilitis, and the stomach flu. She asked me "How'd you manage to fit all of that in your body all at once?" Haha.....i've got medicine, so I'm going to go back home and sleep it off.
Love you guys. Thanks for your mountains of support like always. You guys are awesome, keep praying for us! Especially for my sickness so we can get working again. See ya!
Love,
Elder Crabb
No comments:
Post a Comment