Élder Cody Crabb

Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints June 2011-June 2013

Friday, April 27, 2012

04-23-12 Happy Earth Day!

Well I sure have been up for a lot of time today! Since 5 o´clock, I´ve been awake and going all over Culiacán, bringing people to airports, bus stations, etc. etc. But now, I´m back!
 
Happy Earth Day! In Mexico, Earth Day doesn´t exist......enough said. Anyway, my companion, Elder Ramirez, always gets on people´s backs about everything. It´s kind of his job, being an assistant to the president. And he´s really good at it. He motivates people really well. Also, he likes doing it haha. I´m getting kind of sick of his ringtone..... but, as a district leader, the district is doing pretty well right now, although there are going to be some changes. Elder Rodriguez is going to go home for a bit to recover while his knee is healing. And I suddenly got a new companion! Remember Elder Peterson from the MTC? He´s baaa-aaack......as my new companion. The whole "working in two areas" thing is fun and stressful. There´s a lot of work to do! Especially since I´m going to be carrying the two areas for a bit until Elder Peterson gets on his feet. =)
 
This week we baptized! The girl´s name is Isis, and she´s 9 years old. It really was a miracle. Her whole family is full of inactive-ish members. We started teaching her, and everyone started getting really excited about the gospel again. Her 20 year old aunt just got called to be a seminary teacher! I´m so excited for that family. They´re pretty potent. The following are some fun pictures from that service. =) You guys can count on some good pictures this next week....I don´t know why.
 
But I love you guys. Really do. Mom, I loved that scripture. It´s totally true. The church is SO true, everybody! I learn more and more things each day. This week, I´ve studied The Fall of Adam and Eve. I´ve been blown away with all the stuff I´ve never even thought of before that is just right in front of my face in the scriptures. Keep studying, and I will too. =) Love you all!
 
Elder Crabb

No comments: