Élder Cody Crabb

Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints June 2011-June 2013

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

04-17-12

Man, it´s crazy over here! Last Monday, we took a little excursion down to "Centro" (kind of the "downtown" of Culiacán). I would send you pictures, but unfortunately the crowds are so bad that they advise us not to take cameras down there, or we´ll probably get robbed! (Not that I´d have my pictures anyway...grr....). While I was there, I saw an ad on a TV for "Clash of the Titans 2". WHAT? I don´t know about anything....awesome. =) Something about a "Battleship" movie too. COOL. But, it was in passing, so I didn´t see much, obviously. I´m a missionary, you know.
My new companion, Elder Ramirez, is a crazy little guy. He kind of reminds me of those trolls with the colorful hair, the only difference are that he has clothes, and his hair is shorter (not less crazy...). He just works SO hard. Great missionary. But wow, he´s stressful sometimes! He´s going to make me a better missionary for sure. The district leader thing is going alright. I had my first district meeting today, and I think it went pretty well. Our advice from President Cantú was that we should try and have family home evenings every night with a member family if we can, so I reinforced that to help us get members at our lessons. This weekend, our district has five baptisms lined up. That would be really really good!
I have been singing, but not anywhere specific. I just sing all the time. =) All of my companions have commented on it. If they don´t like it, I usually mention something about how I play soccer every P-day whether I want to or not, and that usually gets them.
 
Lexzaida (my new convert) has officially stopped working on Sundays and will be at church every week. Yay! Her son can´t get baptized yet, because his dad doesn´t want him to. Sad, but he´ll be going to church every week anyway.
Our baptism for this week´s name is Isabel. I would say something about her, but I don´t really know much about her, because I almost haven´t taught her! But she´s gong to get baptized....yay!
I should be getting my ukulele cleared this week, so that president knows I have it and everything, and once I do, I´ll officially be able to play again! WOO! I have realized that all the children´s songbook songs have chords above them, so that´ll be awesome.
Oh, and I want to apologize to all of those who have written me who I haven´t gotten a chance to write back. I´m doing my best! Really, there is almost ZERO time to write letters. But I honestly do appreciate getting letters from those of you who have sent them, and I am honestly really grateful to get news from home.....I´ll do my best to keep writing!
That´s about all for this week! Sorry I don´t have pictures....I´ll get more for next week. Anyway, I love you all! The church is true! (And sorry about the lack of spiritual experiences, I wrote this letter VERY FAST! The internet café where we go to write letters was failing pretty bad this week.)
Elder Crabb

No comments: