Élder Cody Crabb

Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints June 2011-June 2013

Saturday, March 17, 2012

03/12/12

There are "special transfers" coming up. A bunch of new elders are coming now, instead of the end of the transfer, because of their visa delays. Elder Hon is OUTTA here, to be with one of them. That means I have another companion (who will probably be the district leader, since Elder Hon was ours) next week. Don´t know who, or when, or anything. That means I´m basically in charge of the area, having been here for about two weeks. All I can say is, I´m not even sure where most of the investigators in MY area live yet, let alone investigators of the OTHER area... is one of the gifts of the spirit "the gift of navigation"? I sure hope so...

The mission is making some cool improvements to all the missionary houses. For example, the wife of the mission president is making sure that every house has a blender and a microwave. That means.......nothing! To me anyway. The other three elders who I live with make smoothies for breakfast rather often. Usually I rock an omelet or cereal, but today,I have a better plan. I bought 36 eggs today, and I´m going to hard boil them to have breakfast for two weeks! Did any of you say "brilliant!"?

Sorry about the lack of pictures. It´s not like I´m not sending the ones I have, I´m just not taking any! I´ll try to be better like that.

I think that I have a really cool cool cool purchase in mind. There´s this guy who told us that he´s going to make us scripture cases out of leather, with whatever design we want on it! I´m going to put some AWESOME Mayan (ergo "Nephite") drawings on them. For example, this drawing of a man with a wooden bow and talking to God (my, interesting, isn´t it?)
Look! It´s totally Nephi! The brother of one of the guys in our district sent it to us. Mexico is the best place to serve EVER. =)

We´ve been having a lot of success even just on our street. It turns out that everybody knows each other, so it´s kind of fun. We teach one family, and they say "Oh yeah, you were teaching Lexzaida, huh? Is she interested?" We´re hoping to get an awesome number of people in church next week, all the friends of the street! We gave a blessing to Lexzaida´s sister (who has Down´s Syndrome) because she was really sick. Within two days she was good as new. "What was in that oil you put on her head?", she asked. We just smiled and said "Nothing. It was God." She and her son are going to get baptized this month for sure. Once she gets baptized we´ll get a TON of referrals because she has LOTS of friends. Not complaining!

Did I ever tell you about "suero"? I don´t know what it´s called in English. It´s like salty electrolyte water. Everybody in the mission hates it, but....I actually like it. It´s a mission rule that we drink it, so I´m all over it. I drink like a half gallon of it every day!

You know that line from Avatar where he says "It feels like that´s the real world, and this is the dream."? Well, that´s about how I feel with my mission right about now. Like, my mission is all I'´ll ever do for the rest of my life and my life before was just pretend or preparatory or something...

By the way, I love when I get emails from people that are in Spanish- or Portuguese- speaking countries where all the apostrophes are accent marks....because they don´t exist on the keyboards! Love you guys. I miss you. Thanks for your prayers. My testimony, especially of prayer, has been growing "machín" lately (a whole durn lot). If we ask, it´s good, but you gotta go GET the thing you´re asking for. God doesn´t give us things if we haven´t earned them.

On a less spiritual note, I had a sword fight with Elder Martinez this morning. But our swords were forks. (Come on, I haven´t changed that much.)

See ya later!

Elder

P.S. I haven´t heard head or tail of anybody watching The Testaments. Do it!

No comments: