Élder Cody Crabb

Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints June 2011-June 2013

Thursday, July 28, 2011

God speed, I'll see you in 2013!

Dear Friends and Family,                                         July 22, 2011

As of this Wednesday, I'll have been in the MTC for eight weeks.  Now, eight weeks seems like a long time, at least to me.  But, if you put things to do in that time frame (e.g. learn an entire language) that eight weeks suddenly seems a lot shorter.  I'm leaving on August 1st, and my only objective right when I get there is to talk to as many native speakers as I can once I arrive.        Great!

The crazy thing is, even though I talk about not being ready, something inside me feels ready, but it's not me.  It's like something is ready FOR me.  I believe now more than ever that God loves all of us.  He's concerned if you're concerned. The most All-Powerful Supreme Being in the Universe does care if you pray for help on a spelling test.  He cares if you pray for traffic to be fast because you're late.  And I testify that He cares about a naive 19-year-old boy who is trying to learn Spanish.  If we ask, we shall receive according to the will of God,.

Thanks everybody, for taking a minute to see how I'm doing. ☺  I wish I could see how you all are doing.....oh wait, I can!  Send me a quick note or a letter if you have time.  I know it sounds pathetic, me pleading for letters, but I just want to see how people are doing. ☺ If not, God speed, and I'll see you in 2013.
      Elder Crabb


We got MTC pictures!  Thanks goes to Heather and her smart computer who knows how to scan and save the right way!
Me and my companion, Elder Peterson!

The big map in the hallway, look closely, you can see my reflection!

The only picture I have with everybody!
L to R:  Elder Beals, ME, Elder Price, Elder Cousineau, Elder Hon, Elder Williams, Elder Trowbridge, Elder Aylesworth (District Leader), Elder Peterson, and Elder Sorenson

Some of our district at the temple, On what turned out to be a very sunny day, apparently.

The Provo Temple

Orange Tie Day!  L to R Me, Elder Price, Elder Williams, Elder Hon, Elder Cousineau, Elder Peterson, Elder Aylesworth.


Four more days in the MTC.  Get those next day letters to him today.  I will be posting his new address soon!

No comments: