Élder Cody Crabb

Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints June 2011-June 2013

Monday, August 1, 2011

Last update from the MTC

photo
Cody is on a plane headed to Culican, Mexico!  As he leaves the MTC he leaves some words of advice for those who will soon follow:


"I've learned many things at the MTC.  Oh, sure, I've learned Spanish and a ton about the gospel, but there is a lot to learn about the MTC itself.  I have here a top 10 list of things I've learned while living for 8 weeks  at the MTC.  Anyone coming in, take my advice, and learn from my words...

10.
The food here works on the "Golden Corrall" principle.  It's nothing special, but it's all you can eat, so "yay!"

9.
If your A/C is broken, I'm sorry.  unless you're friends with the maintenence guy.

8.
Bring a fan.  (see number 9)

7.
If your district is nonmusical, say, and you are...singing all the time is an easy way to get back at someone!

6.
If your companion needs surgery, take advantage of the hospital food.

5.
There are entire rooms filled with nothing but pillows and mattresses. Can you say awesome?

4.
The showers work on a "celestial, terrestial, telestial" basis.

3.
The more candy/food you have, the more friends you have.  (thanks, my family, for always making sure I had lots of friends ☺)

2.
Learning "hello" in 8 different languages when your name tag says you speak spanish is a fun way to mess with people!

and the number one thing you must know about the MTC...

1.
If you ask enough people, enough times, somebody will bring you Taco Bell!

I joke about some aspects, but for real, the MTC is a really awesome place,  The spirit is always strong here.  I testify that if you work hard here, it pays off ten fold in the field.  Have fun, but also remember why you're here!"

Con Amor,   Elder Crabb

No comments: