All the kids love writing and receiving letters from their uncle and hearing all about the fun adventures that Uncle Elder Cody is having!
Here is a unique perspective from Cody's nieces and nephews on what it's like to watch their Uncle serve a mission:
Sydney:
What are you going to miss not having Cody here? "Him teasing me and him making me laugh."
Do you think Cody will be a good teacher? Why or why not? "Yes. Because when he wants to be serious he is, and when he wants to tell people something he just tells them."
What's your favorite part about writing letters to Cody? "Getting letters back from him!"
If you could tell Cody one thing from you, what would you say? "Does it have to be about his mission? ( "What would you say?") "You're like a bigger brother..."
Megan:
What are you going to miss not having Cody here? "Having him playing with us when we come over."
Do you think Cody will be a good teacher? Why or why not? "He's probably going to be one of the best, to me. Because Cody can talk about his feelings about everything. He's just really great at almost everything."
What's your favorite part about writing letters to Cody?"Writing how proud I am about him, and he can write back and I can tell him how much I love him and about how much fun he's having, or is he's having problems,..."
If you could tell Cody one thing from you, what would you say? "Hi Cody! I love and miss you and I can't wait until you come back."
Tory:
What are you going to miss not having Cody here? "Um, not being able to hang out with him at his house. I miss playing video games with him and all that stuff."
Do you think Cody will be a good teacher? Why or why not? "Yeah. Because he kind of takes a lot of responsibility at his house and...yeeaah....that's it."
What's your favorite part about writing letters to Cody? "Um...that I can hear what he's doing there and I can also talk to him when he's pretty far away."
If you could tell Cody one thing from you, what would you say? "I'm proud of you!" (and his eyes were all shiny and wet when he said it...!)
Joshua:
I think it's pretty cool that Uncle Cody took me (and my cousins) to the NickelCade just before he left! It was something neat because I guess that is something my dad did with Cody.
I think that it's pretty neat that Cody is going on a mission because it is being a good example to me and I will know what to do on my mission. When I go on a mission I wants to serve in Texas! (Texas??? Where did that come from?)
Emily:
Cody is putting on a great example and he is going to serve his mission in Culiacan, Mexico. It makes me feel warm inside even if it's a cold-cold day, when I think about Cody serving a mission. I want to serve my mission in China--the other part of the world! But I don't know how to talk like them yet...
Extra excerpt: There has been quite a learning curve with my kids figuring out what it means for Cody to be serving a mission...some times it gets down right funny! We've talked about Cody being at the MTC several times now, and after a few confusing looks on their face Emily finally asked, "What is Uncle Cody doing in the Empty Sea!"
Spencer:
This is the only picture I got of Spencer where he was looking at the camera---he had just stuck his head in a bucket of water!!!
What are you going to miss not having Cody here? "Him not here. Playing games with him.
Do you think Cody will be a good teacher? Why or why not? "Yeah. Because he's a nice person."
What's your favorite part about writing letters to Cody? "That I can practice spanish words with him and that I get to write to him."
If you could tell Cody one thing from you, what would you say? "You're funny!"
Wesley:
Missions are used for language and I don't know what else. I feel good about Cody's mission (giggle-giggle). Is there one of those smiley face things ☺ oh yeah, those are fun! I like Cody because he is cool and because he's a cute guy! And I want to go on my mission at Nicago..what was it? ... Lacago? (do you mean Chigaco?)...oh yeah, that's it, Chigaco! (again, where the heck did that come from?)
Michael:
What are you going to miss not having Cody here? "It won't be fun talking on the phone at Christmas. And also at my birthday."
Do you think Cody will be a good teacher? Why or why not? "Yeah. Because he'll look at his notes."
What's your favorite part about writing letters to Cody? "That he can look at it. And he writes nice stuff"
Rusty:
What do you think about Cody going on a mission? "um, good."
What is Cody doing on his mission? "Playing basketball."
Who does Cody teach on his mission? "His Friends!"
Where do you want to go on your mission? "To School. Mom? ...I love you!"
Poor Rusty is finally understanding what it means that Uncle Cody is on a mission for TWO YEARS...it means he is gone! Rusty was sitting up to the counter and we were talking about the fact that he is getting too big for mommy to carry around the house anymore. To which he replies as usual, "yeah, but Cody can carry me!" (thanks to Cody always being willing to pick up Rusty EVERY TIME they were together!!!) I explained again that Cody was serving a mission and that we wouldn't get to see him for quite a while. After he sat there looking straight ahead for several minutes, (no kidding) I finally asked him what he thought about that. He said simply, "that's not awesome!" Ah, poor kid finally caught on! Although a few minutes later he looked at me and said, "but I think Aunt Jennie is strong enough to carry me!" Hahaha...I'm sure she is, she's much stronger than mommy (just a heads up Jen!). ☺
One more story: The night before Cody left for the MTC (empty sea!) he gave Shawn a present. From what I understand it's the same exact present Shawn gave five year old Cody when he was leaving for the MTC! Now it is something special the kids watch and remember Uncle Cody!...
Space Jam
Thanks to all the nieces and nephews for taking time away from their summer vacation to answer some questions for us. Cody is lucky to be surrounded by such a fun loving family!
If you would like to write a post, check out the instructions here, and then send one in! We can't wait to meet you!
Salutations from Uncle Cody's biggest fans:
Syd, Meg, T-Dog, Josh, Mily, B.C., Wes, Mike & Rusty
I need to apologize, if you've been with me (Rhoda) for a while, you know that my camera has a black spot in it's lens/ sensor. Over on my regular blog we play Spot the spot....I will try to make sure I have decent pictures, but every once in a while you can see that darn spot!
--Sorry for re-post it several times I am having major issues with the format for some reason and some of the text disappeared! Blogger??
--Sorry for re-post it several times I am having major issues with the format for some reason and some of the text disappeared! Blogger??











1 comment:
Rhoda, I love what you've put together here! (and I will happily carry Rusty whenever he wants--the big cutie!)
Jen
Post a Comment