Élder Cody Crabb

Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints June 2011-June 2013

Monday, January 24, 2011

Best Job Ever

According to my sources, my call is processed and coming soon. “Soon” could mean today or tomorrow, but it’ll most likely come on Wednesday. I’m so excited for this opportunity I have to serve the Lord, spread the gospel, meet new people, and just everything about it!

****If you haven’t already, now would be a great time to guess where my call will send me! Comment below to win a prize!****

So, if any of you don’t know, I have the best job ever.

Well, when I say best job ever, I don’t mean “guy who goes to work and parties all day”. HECK no. That would be nice. Actually, I work quite hard (obviously, that’s where I’m writing this from J ), but I was SO blessed to find this job. Here’s why:

  1. I work full time, from 8 to 5.
  2. I’m a temp (until March, or “whenever I leave for my mission”)
  3. I am paid rather well.
  4. I have to iron dress shirts all the time (good practice?)
  5. I can go to lunch with my bro Shawn every day.
  6. I can listen to music all day (most of the time, it’s scripture mastery)
  7. I get my own desk.
  8. I get a full hour for lunch (taken whenever I please)

Isn’t that perfect? I didn’t find a job all summer. I put in over 100 applications, with no response. The Lord knows what he’s doing!! I wouldn’t have found this perfect job if I had another one! Sometimes you don’t know why something’s happening to you. As Joel Osteen said, “Maybe something’s not happening to you. It might be happening for you.

3 comments:

Rhoda said...

I think it's fun to be able to ask...hey how's your brother today? and Shawn being able tell me!

I know Shawn considers it a huge blessing to be able to spend more time with you before your mission.

Me? I'm excited to boot you out the door so I can start mailing packages to Elder Crabb again! I've already got a few in mind...Hahah...just you wait!

Anonymous said...

Is it against the rules to mail one or two of your nephew's to you...wherever that might be? :-)

Tiffany McAlister said...

Um, just thought I'd mention that you got your call like 5 days ago and you haven't posted that information on this blog yet...

What the heck?!