Élder Cody Crabb

Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints June 2011-June 2013

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

6-17-13 I'd have Dick Clark do the countdown, but he's no longer with us.

Oh boy....

Well this is a hard letter to write haha. It's like, I have a million things to say, but in the back of my mind, I'm kind of thinking "Can't it wait until next Wednesday?".
 
This week, we had a baptism! It was a total surprise, and I hadn't even taught her one lesson before. She had been taught before, her kids were members, she'd been going to church, etc, so it was her time. Her name's Veronica. Here's a picture:
 
 
 
I feel like I didn't have a whole lot to do with it, but it was great to see her get baptized!

Apart from that, I kinda got sick this week. Nothing too serious but it sure knocked me out for a whole day. After that, though, it was great!

Something that President Cantu has said several times has really stuck out to me. He says "An ice cream cone, whether you eat it or not, doesn't last too long." In other words, it's true, I only have a week left. Am I sad? Absolutely. Am I scared? That doesn't even describe the half of it! I pretty much don't know WHAT to think. However, I'm determined to have the last of my mission be awesome, even if it's just a couple of days.

This Friday evening, we'll be going to La Paz with the whole zone to say goodbye to President Cantu. He's ALSO finishing his mission next Wednesday! He's having a short devotional with the whole mission (a couple of zones at a time) to send himself off. Well, that means Friday evening we'll be in La Paz, Saturday we'll have the devotional and I'll stay there the rest of the day, Sunday I'll go to church in La Paz and stick around there, Monday I'll fly over to visit converts in Sinaloa, Tuesday I'll finish up my visits, we'll eat dinner with President Cantu and his family, then we'll sleep in Culiacan and the next morning I'll be home!

What I've realized is that it would be really easy to say "I'm basically not even a missionary! After Friday I won't even have an area!" But I'm going to do the best I can to visit people still and to keep sharing the gospel! So far it's going great. I've found some awesome people with Elder Miranda, and while I probably won't see them get baptized, I'm sure they will further down the line.

Make sure you're heppy. It's a decision. =)

See you all very soon!

Elder Crabb

No comments: