Élder Cody Crabb

Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints June 2011-June 2013

Monday, June 10, 2013

06-10-13. 2 John 1:12

Well, it looks like it's going well for these last few weeks. I'm loving every minute and I'm still learning so much in my study of the scriptures.
 
Well, this week, I got a pedicure. I am being completely serious. My companion was having some really severe pain from an ingrown toenail, so we went to a place that takes care of that kind of thing. While he was in there, I was talking to the receptionist about how I have some wicked callouses (two years' worth) to the point that they actually hurt me. She said, "Oh, we can take care of that for only 200 pesos!" I thought, cool, what a deal, so I went for it! What I didn't realize was that I was paying for the whole package. They took off my callouses, they clipped my nails, they put some kind of weird lotion on my feet and then they gave me a foot massage!! It was so great! I had two years+ worth of walking and walking in those feet and that de-stressed me a ton!
 
Apart from just that, we were on the bus the other day, when a musician got on. That in itself wasn't weird, that's pretty common here. This guy just got on with a guitar and started to sing "Christian Rock" songs. The first one was semi-normal, but  then he started in with a two-chord song called, and I'm not joking, "Like a Buffalo". It says how God makes you strong like a buffalo. I started getting the giggles while we were riding, then he SCREAMED the chorus "LIKE A BUFFALOOOOOOO!!". I pretty much lost it. We were laughing SO hard....I'm going to miss stuff like that!

But before you go thinking the end of my mission is all fun and games....
 
This Thursday we were in the house of a member eating, and one of the daughter's 14-year-old friends was talking about Justin Bieber. My companion and I expressed our "thoughts", and she said "If Justin Bieber was [from any church] I would join. But why are there so many churches in the world anyway?!" We took that as "Hey, teach me the góspel!" So we did. We taught her about the Restoration and she got really excited and wanted to come to church. She did! And she told her friend, the member, that she's feeling like she wants to get baptized! We are looking very forward to teaching her.
 
Apart from that, I'm a little nostalgic, but focused. I want to make the best of this time that I can. I love you all and I appreciate your support!
 
 
Love,
 
Elder Crabb!

No comments: