This week was really long, and we didn't do much of anything. Well, we did a whole lot of stuff.....I'm just going to explain.
On Monday, we got a call from President Cantu ("Shh! SHH! It's President!"). It really surprised us, but he said that he wanted us to go to the stake building Tuesday at 1 because we were going to have a meeting with President Ramirez, the stake president. Well alrighty. So we did, and President Cantu had his laptop open on a Skype call. He said "Oh, and by the way, Elder Montoya of the Seventy is going to be on videochat during this meeting." AH! So there he was! We just talked about a lot of normal "business" and it was all fine. Me being really new here I couldn't opinionate on pretty much anything, so there I sat, not saying a word. Then, at the end, when they got ready to finish, Elder Montoya said "Before we end, I want to hear the testimony of the Elder on the left" (me). Huh? So...I said it. It caught me totally off guard and it was weird and a little awkward but I bore my testimony about the organization of the church and what not. It was a little strange but I got it out. Who knows why he did that....I'm having all kinds of brushes with general authorities!
Well, that was one thing. Basically we didn't proselyte much this week because there was a lot of Zone Leader business to take care of. For example, all the missionaries need to have all their possessions WITH them (e.g. they can't leave stuff in the mission offices like they used to). We had to send nine HEAVY suitcases to Sinaloa. To do that, we had to obtain the travel plans of the people that flew to Sinaloa, obtain copies of their ID's, go to customs, get them revised, checked and sealed, then we had to bring them back to the messenger service to send them. All of that without a car! Haha it took us a REALLY long time. Like I said, we literally just ended up doing that and nothing else. However, we had an AWESOME spiritual experience this week too. =)
We were walking down the street like normal and I saw a woman, by herself,
using a shovel to move a seven-foot-high pile of dirt. So I said "Hey, do you need help?" She, of course, said that she didn't. "Of course you do. You're moving a huge pile of dirt by yourself. Will you let us help you?" Apparently I phrased the second question better because she said yes. She found another shovel and we started helping.
Through that process she started to ask us questions about who we were and
what we believed. Some of the questions she asked were so awesome ("Is
there any evidence that Joseph Smith was a prophet?") We mentioned the Book of Mormon and she said "When can you come by and teach me more about that book? WHOA! So we said "Sunday." She said she could as long as it was in the morning, because she went to church in the afternoon. We have our meetings at 11, so we took advantage and invited her there. She accepted!
Well, it was a huge huge job, so the next day we called some other missionaries from San Lucas to come and help. We finished the whole job in about four hours total. She was so grateful that she bought us pizza (which we ate.....then went directly to lunch haha. I was absolutely dying of full-ness...) The best part about this story? She went to church!! We walked quite a bit in the sun with her to get there. She said she liked it, when it all had finished, and we agreed to stop by at 5.
When we got there, she was ready to say "Alright, I liked this part of the church, but this part no, why do you do this in your church, etc." It was so cool. She was really interested. We taught her about the Restoration. We had finished, and were getting ready to tell her about the Spirit, when my companion asked "How do you feel right now?" and she started to cry. She said "I know this is the Holy Ghost." It was so powerful. It happened again
a couple minutes later too. She wasn't sure that that was an answer because
she says she's felt that in her church too, but she says she wants to know if it's true. It was so cool!
I'll admit, that scared me. If I had been telling jokes with my companion, chatting, not paying attention, we would have totally missed her. But it's good to know that the Spirit guided us to her. We have another appointment with her.
We also changed houses, but that's not to interesting because you didn't see my house beforehand anyway. =)
I'm so glad to hear that some of you are changing at home as well. I've realized that a missionary is like a magnet for blessings. He gets them, The people he's around gets them, anyone who's related to gets them, his friends, EVERYONE: I'm starting to see that that's SO true. I'm so grateful that the Lord has allowed me to see the changes in all of you (and to participate in some!). I love all of you so much!
Have an amazing day!
Elder Crabb
No comments:
Post a Comment