Élder Cody Crabb

Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints June 2011-June 2013

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

1-15-13 Rain

How y'all doin`? My companion has me talking like that because he's from
Georgia. Jaw-juh.

This week has been so neat. Elder McDowell is a really good match for me, I
think. We complement each other really well. For example, sometimes he
forgets words in Spanish, sometimes I forget to bear testimony or to ask
for referrals, things like that. But because we make a good team, the
blessings are pouring down so fast that there is literally not enough room
(nor time) to recieve them. We have so many people that we're teaching that
it's literally been impossible to find and teach all these heaven-sent
investigators. We have twelve baptismal dates in our area. Things are going
really well here.

Karen is still pretty excited to get baptized, although she's a little
nervous. She's going to get baptized the 27th, so we're giving it all we
got with her. We fasted for her, we're helping her pray, just everything we
can so that she'll not be scared. She has to go to Hermosillo this week for
a couple days so it'll be good for her to think it out.

That family of 4, the Ramirez family, is progressing like crazy. The dad
has read up til 2 Nephi and his family's super excited. They want to get
baptized. They put their baptismal date until May 25th because they're
going to be travelling, so that'll be great! Hope I'm still in the area!

Apart from that, this Wednesday marked something really important for me.
For the first time in my life, I mean the first REAL time in my life, I
finished the Book of Mormon. I mean I've read it before, but not like I am
now, nor understanding what I do now. I feel like this is the first time
I've ever read it. And I can tell you all that I KNOW that book is true! I
asked God like Moroni said at the end of the book and the answer that I got
was "What are you asking me for? You already know." And I do. =)

I don't know how many people read this blog that aren't members of the
church, that are less-active members of the church, or that simply aren't
sure if the church is true. Maybe even people who BELIEVE the church is
true but that hasn't converted itself into a knowledge yet. If there are
any such people reading, I challenge you all to read a little bit of that
book and to ask God if it's true.

*"Those who gain this divine witness from the Holy Spirit will also come to
know by the same power that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world, that
Joseph Smith is His revelator and prophet in these last days, and that The
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord’s kingdom once
again established on the earth" -Introduction, Book of Mormon*

I can testify that anyone who:

- wants to have a better life,
- wants to get closer to God,
- wants to know if God exists
- doesn't want to be afraid of death
- wants to live with their loved ones after this life
- wants God's answer about something specific

Can get it! They just need to read and pray. I hope that you'll do it. Just
read a little and ask Him. If it's not true, you don't have to change
anything, and it doesn't affect you. But if it is, it'll change your life
like it's changed mine. I can testify that it IS true, because I've done
it!

Whew! I guess I'm just feeling extra spiritual today =)Thanks to those of
you that write me, and also to those who think about writing me and never
do! I love you all the same.

As for the subject line: No, it hasn't been raining. It's symbolic. Figure
it out. =)

Love,
Elder Crabb









No comments: