Élder Cody Crabb
Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints June 2011-June 2013
Tuesday, April 9, 2013
04-08-13 everything I need.
This week was also an awesome one. It's not in order but I'm going to start with the most important stuff first.
First of all, my new companion's name is Elder McDowell. He's from Georgia, and he DOES have a Southern accent, which is totally awesome! I've only been with him for a week and I'm already saying "faller" and "ain't". He's a great missionary. Elder Huntington went to be a Zone Leader in Los Mochis.
The other day we had a lesson with Karen, the English speaking girl. Jesus isn't so excited anymore, but Karen is really loving the church. She went to a YSA conference and said "The ideal man is definitely in this church!" Haha! Well, that's one way to get a convert. Kidding. She is very excited, she's been reading and praying. She went to all the sessions of conference with us. But anyway.
On Friday night we had a lesson with a couple of her friends from church (from church!!). We didn't have a plan of what we were going to teach but we decided we were going to try to discover her "iceberg" (see Preach My Gospel). We went in there, and through some other things we challenged her to be baptized. She looked nervous, then she admitted it. Her family is very Catholic, and she said she was scared of what they would say to her if she said she wanted to get baptized. Then, my companion steps in and shares HIS conversion story, which was the same! His mom was a Pentecostal and she cried when he told her he wanted to get baptized. His uncles are preachers and his grandparents were super involved in the church too. Then he said what he did to talk them down and to help them realize it wasn't a bad thing. It was SO COOL. I, not having a perfect conversion story, shared the story of Alma, when he's almost getting killed for believing Abinadi, and how he accepted anyway. Through the course of that inspired lesson, she told us she wants to be baptized the 20th of April! We are so excited. (Later, she asked us if she could get baptized on the 15th haha. Slow down!)
Apart from that, there wasn't much time to work in our area because we had to go to zone leader council. It was really really good. We talked about how to recognize the spirit. We need more of that.
Let's see.....the conference was really good. I especially liked that talk by Elder Bednar about the Law of Chastity (mostly because we had an investigator there who may or may not be gay). That was so GOOD! The whole thing!
In the zone meeting this week we put a goal as a zone that's double our last one. I'm nervous but my companion's strength is having faith, so that'll be great.
This week was a huge testimony builder for me for many reasons. I'm so grateful for modern-day revelation. I'm thankful that God puts people in our path that are truly ready to accept the Gospel. I'm also very thankful for friends who I love and family who I could never do without. Thank you for being there for me!
Elder Crabb
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment