Élder Cody Crabb

Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints June 2011-June 2013

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

04-01-13. After the trial of our faith.

I like to call this week "Ether 12:6",

Remember how I've been saying that it's been hard, that this area hasn't baptized in almost a year, that we can't find people, etc.? My whole time with Elder Huntington, we have struggled a little bit. Several times I have asked myself "If we're being so obedient, if we're working so hard, WHY can't we find anybody?!"

So to preface all of this, we have been working harder than I have ever worked in my mission. We've been contacting a lot of people and doing just about everything I know to work with the ward. But the funniest thing happened.....I've never been too frustrated or worried. I felt like it'd all be alright, or that we were doing at least a part of what we should be doing .

This week , we found a family of four that are more excited than anybody I've ever seen, Karen went to a YSA conference and wants to get baptized, there are just SO many people that we've found that are very excited to hear the gospel! I don't even know where to start! We had ELEVEN people in church. I've never had that before! Basically it's been a big trial of patience, because now I've been seeing that all of that was to see how diligent we would be. I feel so blessed to be able to learn this lesson-- that AFTER the trial of our faith is when we get our blessing. Even if the trial is a nine-week-long one.

Now, I'm going to have a new companion. It's going to be hard but we have opportunities to baptize a lot in these next six weeks so I'm going to go for it!

I'll tell you more next week, but I love you all and I'll see you later!

Ah, briefness.
Elder Crabb

PS When I'm in my "usual" cyber cafe I'll be sending pictures. this one isn't so good for that. =)

No comments: