-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, here we are again. I've been trying to think of more creative ways to start letters....
This week has been eventful for sure! On Monday I bought a really cool t-shirt that has a Mayan eagle on it. I've been really interested in all that stuff, now that I'm realizing "Mayan" actually means "Nephite". We've been getting the most out of our P'days recently. Like I said, El Carrizo is like a little ranch town, so every P'day we go to Los Mochis, a nearby city, to buy stuff and hang out ("nearby" isn't very accurate. It's about as far as Provo.)
On Tuesday, we had divisions with the zone leaders. I stayed here with Elder Mortensen and my companion went to El Fuerte with Elder Hernandez. It was kind of a joke on our part; by the time we got back to my area, it was like 7 pm. It was really fun to talk to him though. He reminded me a lot of my trainer Elder Tingey. They're both going to end their missions in three weeks!
Due to the announcement by President Monson, we told a 19 year old girl in our branch who has been thinking about serving a mission that she now could serve. She looked a little shocked and said "I'm not ready...." we talked for a while and she said she'd pray about it.
Oh, and this was the day that something hilarious happened in my study! We were about to start companionship study, but my companion was writing something so he asked me to wait like 5 minutes. So, while I was waiting, I had a funny idea. I prayed that I could open my scriptures and find a verse that would say who I'm going to marry (why not?). I opened my Bible to Ecclesiastes 3:1.... needless to say, He put me in my place. I'm just going to pray about my investigators from now on!
Also this week, we had a really cool experience with a guy named Jesus who we're teaching. I don't know if I told you about him. But anyway, he has a lot of tough things in his life economically, physically, pretty much in everything. But he is progressing like you wouldn't believe. We taught the Law of Chastity (him and his "wife" aren't actually married) last week. When we said "To get baptized, you two need to be married." He looked over at his wife and said "Will you marry me?" It was SO awesome! Then, this week we taught the Word of Wisdom. Right after we told him about cigarettes, he took out his smokes and tore them to pieces.
He is SO awesome....but he doesn't go to church. We can't figure out why exactly but he's so willing to change. We're on it.
Anyway, I love you all so much, you know that? I miss you guys, but only a couple of you speak Spanish, so it'll be hard to come back. =) Keep the faith!
Elder Crabb
When a guy in our ward smashed Maricela's face into her own birthday cake. He tricked her into getting close by saying "This cake smells weird..."
<sorry picture would not upload!?>
The offending cake.
No comments:
Post a Comment