11-13-11
There is something strange about visiting the beach and not going into the water, but it's still really fun! In fact, we did that this week, because we broke a record in our zone. We spent all of last Monday in Todos Santos (google it!) Needless to say, it's a huge tourist destination and it's really obvious why. It's Gorgeous, as you can see from my photo's.
Us, in the back of the truck, enjoying my package from home! =) Thanks again!
A memorial shrine for "Dia de Los Muertos". It´s a really awesome holiday, where they remember their dead by building a shrine (usually MUCH smaller than this one) and putting their favorite food on it. Fun, yet creepy!
The beach in Todos Santos. =) "Hazzah!"
Proof that I have the coolest mission EVER.
"King of the World!"
Just a couple of shots of the scenery to make Mom jealous.
....again. But more so. =)
My zone! My district is the four furthest left.
We had an absolute blast, and it was a much -needed break. We've had lots of success this week! We've been teaching like crazy and been going by the spirit at every turn (you know because of the awesome people you run into). One of these such experiences was probably the best one of the whole week. Elder De Jesus and I had a craving -nay- and absolute desire to eat hielitos this week (basically a plastic bag with delicious ice cream in it, of which you bite of the corner and enjoy.) But it's getting a lot cooler here, and nobody wants them anymore. The once -common delicious treat we always enjoyed was quickly disappearing. One day (Thursday I believe) we were riding our bikes past some house, where, lo and behold, there was a sign outside: "Hielitos-$5) We were SO happy, for lots of reasons: we found hielitos, they were only 5 pesos, and they are extremely close to our house! We knocked, and an elderly woman answered the door. She was very happy to see us, and told us to come in. She was a member, along with her granddaughter who lived there! They've been inactive for a while because of some ward drama, but it's going to be all cleared up really soon here! Elder De Jesus taught me a new phrase: a "dry baptism." - already been baptized but this time, they're really converted. I'm pretty sure it'll happen with them!
Also, Elder De Jesus and I have put a rather ambitious goal for this week: 40 referrals, that means we've got to work extremely hard, asking lots of members for referrals, but we're both very motivated by this goal. Pray for us! We'll need it!
In short, I'm absolutely loving Mexico, from the food to talking to drunk guys, it's just a really great place. I love it! I know I'm dong a good thing. People are changing. So am I. I love you all!
Adelante, y con amor,
Elder Crabb 








No comments:
Post a Comment