Elder De Jesus said something yesterday about how we have about a week and a half left together. Can I just say "whoa!"? I cannot believe how fast this change has gone! It's just like they say, time really does fly out here. Basically, this past week or so has been so great. We've gotten 30 referrals this week, we've been riding our bikes around like crazy people...the mark of successful missionaries. We've had bunches of little miracles, "coincidences," and all around awesome things happen. I'll tell you my favorite one!
We were on divisions; I was with the district leader, Elder Vent. We were totally stumped. We had an appointment, but it fell though, so did our back-up plan. We were stuck. We were kind of wandering around, trying to follow the spirit but neither of us felt anything. So, we stopped. Elder Vent said "hey, why don't you spin around with your finger pointed out, and I'll tell you to stop, and we'll go there." So we did it; I pointed at some random house, thne we laughed it off. Finally, I literally just said, "Heavenly Father, we need a miracle." Right then, a little kid wandered up to where we were standing, and just stared at us. It was pretty weird, actually. We finally said, "hola" but he just waved at us, Elder Vent said " Hey, are your parents home? We want to talk to them." He said yes, and very excitedly ran to show us where he lives. The best part of all this? Remember earlier when I spun in circles and randomly pointed at a house? This kid lives there! Miracles happen. In "real life" back in Utah, I never believed that whole "there are no coincidences" thing, In fact, I still don't. BUT...on a mission, there are no coincidences.
I'm still doing well. The food treated me badly for the first time since I got here. Yep, I finally tried something I don't like. It's called "menudo." Basically, pig intestine soup. The thing is, they don't even TRY to disguise it! It's just all.....in there. And it tastes worse than it sounds. I had the luck of eating it twice this week! Actually, there are two kinds: red menudo and white menudo. The difference? I have no idea. But luckily I've developed a talent for eating such things as this, so that's good. Thanks for your prayers, you're all in mine.
¡Adelante!"
Elder Crabb
No comments:
Post a Comment