Élder Cody Crabb

Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints June 2011-June 2013

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Comondú pictures

Special note from madre Crabb: Cody sent some really awesome pictures of his new area. And some really sad pictures of his new bike seat! I loved that he wrote his name in the dirt. Guess we  better think about shoe polish. or something......


Well my first week in Comondú has been pretty sweet! I´m loving my new companion, Elder De Jesus! He´s a fantastic missionary and I´m excited to be his companion. I´ve already had a couple experiences with him like “….THAT door.” Just  like a stereotypical missionary! My district is really good too. The bad news is....a couple of things. It costs like 60 bucks to go to La Paz for whatever reason, and then come back. that means literally more than half of our money is gone! It´s reimbursable but we have to send the tickets to the mission office, so it takes forever. So we have bikes in this area! It´s really cool, and really fun, for all of my body except for the bum part. I have attached a picture of my seat. (ouch.)
Also attached is a picture of our house, which has ten-foot concrete walls on all sides, and the door is a metal gate. It literally complies with the zombie survival guide for a zombie-proof house! Awesome!
We´ve been enjoying the music that Elder De Jesus has on his memory drive, which includes "The Prince of Egypt". AWESOME. Watch it for me! =) Flashbacks of "Magic to Do" were popping in my head. By the way, we´re heading to La Paz this week, so money might be squishy.

I´m going to leave the cyber café and get a haircut, then next week ýou´ll have some pictures of me and my companion. 
Well, in my pictures also you´ll find why they combine the word "Polvo" (dust) and "Comondú" to make "Polvondú". It´s SUPER dusty everywhere!
The air usually looks like that in the morning, and you can see that my shoes are suffering too!
It´s super crazy, but I love it. The people are very humble here, much more so than San José. Since I´m new, I don´t have too much more to write about...So I love you guys!


Love, ELDER CANGREJO


Hahahah,I love it "Cangerjo"= crab!  And what about that zombie proof house!  I love that Elder Crabb is still Cody!

No comments: