Élder Cody Crabb

Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints June 2011-June 2013

Friday, December 7, 2012

12-3-12 Investigators....Get your free investigators....

Hello again. (I really need to think of some more creative ways to start my emails.)

First off, I was SO sad to hear about Russ McBride! That was totally unexpected. He'll definitely be missed.

Those Deep Thoughts are totally awesome. I have told some of those to my Mexican companions and they do NOT understand them at all. I also loved that picture of Piper sitting there on the couch--I almost died laughing! That's so awesome....it's good to know you're all well.

BUT, since I'm the one who lives in a foreign country and who is on a mission and having amazing once-in-a-lifetime adventures, I'm going to selfishly write more about ME. =) Any objections?

So this week has been really interesting. First of all, we baptized this week! Remember Anthony? Cristal's son? Well, he got baptized! It was so great. Cristal was there and so was Karely (who both cried). I told you already, but just so you remember, Cristal has some personal problems to resolve before she can get baptized, so that she can live the commandments. She has already told us that she would LOVE to get baptized. She's really great....and really pregnant (she's due in February. She's progressing well. She's what I like to call a "Dry Member" (just add water!). Really spiritual, really knowledgeable, always reading the scriptures, but not baptized.

We've been struggling the last little bit trying to find new investigators. We've been asking for referrals, contacting in the street, all kinds of stuff, but without new investigators. That's been frustrating me, but I'm doing the best I can, so I'm just praying and studying and leaving the rest to God. The good news is, he's been listening. New people have been coming out of the woodwork out of nowhere. One guy, Jaime, asked US if we wanted to talk to him, and he basically had a heart attack when we told him about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith (but in a good way: "I've never heard of that before! That makes total sense! Where can I buy one of those books?") We'll be coming back. Another great one is a family with about ten kids who want to change really bad. They live kind of far from the church but they've been reading the Book of Mormon and stuff. They told us they couldn't go to church this Sunday because of work, but they told us they'd go this coming Sunday.

Probably the biggest miracle of all is what they just barely told me. The first counselor of the bishop called us and told us that we have a baptism. I was kind of caught off guard, but he went on to explain that it's his granddaughter who has gone to church for her whole life and is going to turn 8. She said she's counting the days until her baptism. Cool! Probably the best part is that nobody in her family is a member except her grandpa, the first counselor. Free baptism AND a new family of investigators. WOO!

I came to kind of a profound realization this week. Life will change no matter what. That's unavoidable. And if you don't go on a mission, your life changes little by little, one thing at a time. But if you do go on a mission, your life changes and does a backflip and a somersalt. It changes all at once. Your priorities get totally flipped and renewed. That's why I love this place. My life has changed....and I don't think I'll ever be quite the same. In a lot of things.

I love you guys. You're all amazing supporters. Keep praying for me!! I sure need it...

Love,

Elder Crabb

Here are some photos of Anthony's baptism and of today's trip to the Culiacan Botanical Gardens. It's SUCH a cool place. There are plants from the whole world there. It also has some cool weird art sculptures. Enjoy the photos!














Oh yeah, and I heard from Elder Tingey this week, which was super weird! He's just plain old "Spencer" now...

No comments: