Élder Cody Crabb

Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints June 2011-June 2013

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

12-10-12 Hey! Write me! And tell other people to write me!

Well, the days are getting supposedly longer and longer, but it sure doesn't feel like it!

Hello again family, friends, and strangers. It's been another great week in missionary world. Remember how last week I said that we were having some problems finding new people to teach? Yeah. Not a problem anymore. And I also have a renewed testimony of the fast!

Before this week, we were stuck. We had been talking to everybody and trying to ask everyone for referrals, but NObody was giving us the time of day. It was pretty frustrating. It got to the point where I went to the scriptures for help. I came across 1 Kings 21:9:
"And she wrote in the letters, saying, Proclaim a fast..."
 
Hmmm.......
 
So, we did. We fasted. We prayed with all the faith that we could muster that we could find some new people to teach. Shortly after having started our fast, our ward mission leader gave us four referrals. Then, we found a new family. Then, the mission offices called us and gave us TWELVE referrals! Shortly following that, we had a couple of members tell us that they had some pending referrals for us. By the end of the week we had 18 new referrals, two new families, and someone who came to church by herself. It was a HUGE testimony for me this week! Miracles CAN and DO happen when we make our sacrifices.
 
 
I hope you all know how maddeningly difficult it is for me to write these letters in English. It's the only English I "speak" all week most times! All five of the other missionaries are Mexican in my district.
 
 
This week we have "our" baptism (the little 8 year old girl, Alejandra, who has gone to church all her life but technically her baptism counts for us because her parents aren't members...). That'll be nice. Oh! And the sister missionaries in my district are going to baptize this week, and the people I interviewed said they wanted me to be the one who baptized them! That'll be pretty neat. The lady said "When I shook your hand I knew that you were the right one to baptize me." I don't really know what that means, but cool!
As we're getting closer to Christmas, you can actually see it in the way people are. It's like that everywhere, I imagine. You know what I'm talking about, that attitude of "Hey, c'mon man, it's Christmas!" It's really awesome. I kinda wish that everyone was a little more like that all the time.
Not too much other than that this week! We're still progressing here, there's a TON of work now, trying to contact all these people.
 
 I love you guys, and thanks for being amazingly supportive. Hey! Write me! And tell other people to write me! Thanks! =)
 
 
Elder Crabbbbbbbbb
 
 
Funny mirror pictures!
 

No comments: