My camera broke! I have no idea why, but it totally failed unexpectedly. Sad. I still have all my pictures and everything, but I don't have a camera. But that's alright, I'll get it figured out. This week, we had interviews with President Cantù. I was nervous, because I feel like every time I talk to him, he's going to breathe fire or something. That man is very intense. But the interviews were really calm and nice. We always up speaking half-Spanish, half-English whenever we're talking. He asked about our area and gave me a little advice to stuff I have been wondering about.
At those interviews, I saw Elder Romero, who I talked to for a little bit. He told me "Oh! I have a referral for you guys.". Excellent. I will never complain about that. Her name's Libieth. All we had was the approximate place where she lives and her phone number. So, that night, we had just gotten back from Los Mochis (where we had the interviews) at like 8, so I figured we should call her right then. It's not often that they give us a phone number as well as the address here, so I figured we'd take advantage. I dialed the number and a 20ish year old girl answered. "Hello?" "Hey, is this Libieth?" "Tell me who you are or I'm hanging up right now!" Whoa. "We're the missionaries!" She sorta freaked out, but once she realized who we were she got really excited. She told me that she had talked to Elder Romero in his area, and that sparked her interest to go look online for more information. Thankfully, she stumbled upon "mormon.org" and "lds.org", and she watched tons of videos and read a whole ton about the church. She said "Can I PLEASE have a Book of Mormon?" She is SO interested. To the max. The only thing is, she can't meet with us until after July 15th, because she's studying until then, but she still wants the Book of Mormon to study before then. She sounds SO great! I'm incredibly excited to teach her (especially because she lives with her mom, dad, a brother and a sister. Yay for complete families!). Remember Julio? that really cool guy I told you about that`s been reading and marking scriptures in the Book of Mormon we left for him? He said that HIS classes end on July 2nd. So it looks like we've got some pretty good potential for July.
Well, I guess the rainy season started. On Sunday we got absolutely DESTROYED with rain! We were standing out on the highway trying to catch a ride (completely soaked) when a huge semi truck pulled over and waved us in. I was like "Awesome! I've never ridden in one of those before!" So he gave us a ride all the way to our branch's extension (like 25 minutes away). Riding in a semi is so cool, by the way. It felt like a movie.
Right now we don't have many people that are progressing. We've had a lot of potentially good investigators that don't go to church or never read the Book of Mormon. The thing about Mexico is that everybody loves to hear you talk: "If it's good, it's from God! All the churches are the same because they talk about God", they say. That results in a lot of people that are willing to listen, with few people that are willing to change. We have to gauge it by the commitments, going to church, reading, etc. This week we should have a baptism if everything works out well and if change what they said they're going to change.
That about sums it up for this week. I really love being here, especially in Carrizo. There are very few members here, but the ones that there are are very strong. Actually, I might not be Branch President for long here! The other week I recommended Brother Franco to be the new president!! He needs to have an interview with the mission presidency (because our branch is in a district and not a stake) but I forsee absolutely no problems. It's going to be so great. Transfers are this next Monday! I'll let you know! Bye!
Elder Crabb
No comments:
Post a Comment