Élder Cody Crabb

Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints June 2011-June 2013

Monday, June 18, 2012

06-18-11 A Elder Crabb le gusta esto.

So, this week has been interesting (when ISN'T it, really). We had divisiones (splits? I don't know how to say it in English) with the zone leaders, that means they came here to Carrizo to see how I'm doing. I was a little frantic trying to get all the travel plans put in order but we figured it out. Elder Garcia came to spend the day with me, and much to my dismay, every single plan I had totally failed! One person who I had planned to visit told us that he doesn't want to hear us (although just the other day, he did), and the other people weren't there or they were busy. We talked to SO many people that day! One really obese kid, who told us he wanted more friends. Aw. We told him that God would be his friend, and us too. He almost cried. That was pretty cool. We also talked to a girl who we're pretty sure was possessed, but we kind of just got out of there as soon as possible...
That day pretty much failed, but we've had a whole bunch of cool experiences this week. Elder Sumano had told me the other day that he's never taught a Jehovah's Witness (which blew my mind--every sixth person is a Jehovah's Witness down here) and that he wants to, because he doesn't know much about them and wants to learn. I thought "Well, we'll see if we can get a little help with that." So I asked in my prayer that morning that Elder Sumano would have the opportunity to talk to a Jehovah's Witness and maybe even teach them (he has about four months in the mission, to give you an idea). That day, we left at ten, and didn't meet any all day. Just when I thought my prayer wasn't going to be answered, as we went up to contact a referral, a woman in a skirt with an umbrella walked in. Behind her, a guywalked in with a striped button-up shirt and a hat. Both very Jehovah's Witness-y. I thought "Wow, here we are!" When we knocked, another man answered the door and said he had company (we already knew that....) We asked if we could come in, but they were kind of hesitant, obviously. We just made an appointment and left, but we stopped by a little store to buy a snack for the night. We started talking to the owner of the store, and to our surprise, we found out she was a Jehovah's Witness too! Baptized 8 years (for those who don't know, you need to study quite a bit to get baptized with them, so she knows her stuff). She also said we could come back. Talk about answers to prayers! Don't get me wrong, we're not just going to Bible Bash. They both genuinely seem interested. But how cool, right?
Hitchhiking is one of the craziest things ever! Not danger-wise, but man, the people that pick up hitchhikers aren't the most normal people in the world, and every time it's an adventure. We met one guy who told us a whole lot about aliens. Others have said that one time missionaries slept in his car and never told him when to stop, so he brought them to Sonora, a different state in a different mission! Oops! Another guy Other times there have been goat legs (see last week's photo), I've ridden with cows and horses, in a milk truck, and inside a bouncy house too. Guys on motorcycles have offered us rides! Haha....it's so much fun. But every once in a while it take s a long time to get someone to stop, unfortunately.
I love this Church. It's SO true, and it gets more true every day. I love studying the scriptures, which is something I never imagined that I would love. The mission really has changed me a lot, although there is still a big ol' chunk of goof in here somewhere. It's nice to get this change of perspective. GO ON A MISSION. It changes EVERYTHING! I always knew it was true, I always had a testimony.
But now, I get it.
Love you guys! Keep on keepin' on!
Elder
 The church is SO true. It gets more true every day. I love studying the scriptures (I never would have imagined myself say
 
 
P.S. "Code sign--Oops! I meant the first one!"

No comments: