Uh oh!
He asked him a couple more “things,” then
he hung up. Remember Elder Blood? …that
new Elder that doesn’t talk much and just got through being trained? Well, he’s my companion and I have been made
senior companion with only three transfers in the mission. Yikes!
I still stay in my same area, which is good. But goodness, the Lord sure trusts me more
than I trust myself. We’ve been having
lots of success in my area, so I hope I don’t mess everything up (or corrupt Elder
Blood).
Other than that, this week is looking
awesome. We have about 4 or 5 people
with baptismal dates who are progressing (although that really doesn’t mean
much here. A baptismal date is really
common; in fact, we’re supposed to challenge people to be baptized in every
lesson), and I am just loving it here.
It’s getting pretty chilly in the night, which I love, and it’s
not hot during the day anymore, it’s very comfortable.
Oh, and just for the record, Christmas
lights wrapped around palm trees are cool, but they just aren’t the same.
The other companionship in our district
recently baptized a woman name Marie, She’s
the one who recently got married just so she could get baptized (her husband
was an inactive member). Anyway, I just
think it’s funny that we’ve been taking her to lessons just like she’s been a member her whole life.
But, last week I, neglected to write about
our baptism! We baptized two kids. They are such awesome little kids! The story is, we’ve been teaching them and
their family (rather hesitantly, since they’ve been investigators for so
long). They suddenly progressed, so we’ve
been teaching them like crazy, and we baptized the two kids. They’re going to be a big focus for us, because
we really don’t want them to go inactive because their parents (and aunt) aren’t
baptized.
Anyway, I’m absolutely loving every minute
of my mission, and I’m very excited for this new challenge I have! Pray fore me - - I’m gonna need it! ☺
I am now a senior companion! In the furthest
area from the mission office (the same area, Comondú). My new companion is
Elder Blood. He´s a really awesome Elder, but he´s really shy and he doesn´t
speak much Spanish. Can you say "estress"? I´m kind of marvelling
that I can have this assignment so early, it´s kind of unheard of! But we´ll
see how it goes. Hopefully I don´t drive any investigators away.....
He sent some pictures home but I don't know if they have any explanation, they usually come with something so I think I may have missed it!




No comments:
Post a Comment