Élder Cody Crabb

Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints June 2011-June 2013

Monday, December 26, 2011

Dreaming of a White Christmas

My Christmas was SO fun!  Talking to my family was very strange…I’m still wondering if it was a dream or not…

I had Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas evening with a family here.  They’re really nice to the missionaries!  We had turkey and “potato cake” (Funeral potatoes).  I played Christmas hymns on the guitar while we sang,  and we talked about baby Jesus.  It was pretty neat.  I really don’t feel like I missed out on Christmas for some reason.  Maybe it’s the lack of snow/Christmas lights/ Christmas music/Christmas movies in my life right now.  Probably.

I’m going to make this one short, because I’ve been writing a lot of letters today (and, because it’s getting close to not- P-day-time).  But I hope everyone who is currently reading this had a fantastic Christmas!  The holidays are a great time to slow down, remember why we’re so blessed, and then write your favorite missionary an email!   I love you all!

¡Que Todos sus Navidades son blancos!

Elder Crabb 
And a picture and note from a friend down in Mexico...
Elder crabb dice: que va a extrañar a su familia y amigos esta navidad. tambien they don't have eggnog in mexico.
Google translate:  Elder Crabb says it's going to miss your family and friends this Christmas.

No comments: