Élder Cody Crabb

Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints June 2011-June 2013

Monday, May 6, 2013

5-6-13 Roller Coaster Ride

Jen sent me an email to me this week and said something that was very true. She said "It sure sounds like you've been having mixed success". She is very right. The funny thing about this area is that we can't be constant! It's like, one week we're struggling with all that we have to even teach someone, then the next week is a bounteous harvest of baptismal dates, people to teach, and people in church. However bipolar this ward may be, I love it! There are some wonderful people here. There's one girl who's going to go on a mission soon--actually her call is on its way! It reminds me of all my wonderful friends-a (girl friends? amigas, pues) that are serving or are about to serve missions. Way to go!

It was sort of funny, we had one of those "trial by fire" weeks. It's been one of those weeks with more walking than teaching, without finding anyone, etc. But we had 7 investigators in church and 6 less active members there. The attendance was at 120! Normally we have a hard time breaking 100, so it was really cool.

Something that I've started to see is that numbers don't matter. I know, shocker, but I used to not feel like a good missionary if I only taught like ten lessons in a week or something. It was really hard for me if we had a bad week because I thought / was failing, not the week. It took me THIS long in the mission to realize that sometimes, even if we work super hard and do everything we can, sometimes it's not possible to teach that many people or have that many people in church, because it's not the Lord's will. It's a huge thing I've seen out here--if we give our best, it doesn't matter what happens, because the results don't depend on me, they depend on Him!

In other news, I've been a little more musical than ever these past few weeks. President Cantu and his wife asked me to organize a choir of missionaries. In a couple of weeks, a general authority (more news on who coming soon) will be coming to Culiacan, and they wanted us to perform a song for them. I called upon Elder Morrise, the amazingly talented musical genius who has come to be one of my best friends. He came up with a genius arrangement of several missionary songs, which is really great. We're really excited to perform, as nervous as I am. (By the way, I think this little opportunity was a little gift from our Father in Heaven to Elder Crabb, to remind him how much he loves music and how much he wants to be involved with music after his mission! I'm loving it!)

Looking forward to the visit from the general authority and many more things! Stay tuned!

Love,

Elder Crabb

Read the Scriptures!

No comments: