I being real hot and all, I've really been thinking about/missing something this week. Slurpees. The don't exist here. Anyway, as long as we're not talking about important things, this last P-day, we went with this missionary, Elder Nieto (and yes, for anyone who took high school Spanish, that does mean "Elder Grandson") to do a couple of things. He told me he has a TON of really cool church documents, talks, books, videos, and other stuff in his flash drive. We went to the cyber cafe and he transferred me everything he had! I'm really excited to see it (except the memory card that I saved it to now has a virus....so we'll see if I still have it.).
Honestly, I have been a little down recently. Not "missing home" or lack of drive for the mission or anything like that. I was just sad that I hadn't seen many people baptized, even though I had taught some really awesome people in my former areas. Just when I thought, "Get over it, Elder Crabb." Elder Robles, who served in San Josè right after me, told me that they had baptized a whole family that I had found with Elder Tingey. If that wasn't enough, over the next few days, I found out that Virginia, Manuela, Jasive, Victor, Lionel, and two other families (of 6 and 8!) I found in my old areas had gotten baptized!! I immediately recognized that my Father was telling me "You ARE making a difference." I was so so SO happy! I realize now that sometimes, we don't see results, but that doesn't mean that there aren't any! I am just overjoyed right now, honestly. I can't wait to go visit them someday! They are all so excited to be members, I've been told. I love my mission! I wouldn't trade anything in the world for the things I've learned and experienced. I miss you all, but we'll be together again.
I feel like the mission is a mini taste of what the entire plan of God is like, if that makes sense. You have your pre-existence (before you leave), your life on earth (complete with trials and difficulties), where you must endure to the end, then, you have "the eterneties" when you get back, where you get to be with your loved ones again. Maybe I'm just thinking too much, but I wouldn't doubt it if that was one of His purposes. I guess I'll find out someday.
Goodbye, everyone! Pictures are coming next week!
Elder
*James Gaffigan voice*....Why did he put a flower?....that's not his name.....He's not Elder Flowers....

No comments:
Post a Comment