This week, we were taught a valuable lesson on
faith. There’s an investigator we have
named Virginia, who has some heath problems but an awesome testimony, who we were going to baptize this
Saturday. Unfortunately, she couldn’t
make it because she was sick. She called
it off like half an hour before! We had
the font ready and warm and everything,.
I tell this to set the scene. On
Saturday at 6:15p.m., we were going to go to an important appointment. Elder Blood told us that we can’t leave the
baptismal font full, because the font door doesn’t lock and the bishop things
it’s a safety hazard. Nor could we just
leave the pump on, because you need to empty the pump manually part way
through, or it won’t finish. I was really
stressed, because our appointment was for 6:30, and it takes 45 minutes to
drain with the pump. As I’m sitting
there scrambling to come up with something, I say “well whatever the Lord
wants, I have faith that it’ll turn out.”
Then Elder Cruz says, “Do you have enough faith to work for it?” We all looked at each other for a second,
then we went to TOWN! I followed
up my pant legs and got in the font and Elder Cruz and Elder blood ran
buckets, We emptied the entire font in
20 minutes, then got to our appointment around 10 minutes late (but they were still there!) The point is we all say, “I have faith!” but are we willing to show it? If we really have faith, it drives us to
action! Elder Cruz taught me that.
Speaking of Elder Cruz we received news about our transfers! I’m staying in Comondu, but Elder Blood is
going to serve in Mazatlan. My new
companion is the above –mentioned Elder Cruz!
However, Elder Cruz is a new elder.
I have been assigned as a trainer!
It’s going to be fantastic! Elder
Cruz is really humble and he has a powerful testimony. I really can’t wait to work with him.
I thank anyone who has prayed for me (or missionaries in general)
in the last seven and a half months. We
need your prayers! But just so you know,
I have felt those blessings from home!
The church is true I love it here
Elder Crabb


No comments:
Post a Comment